Many of the old palaces in Rajasthan and other states have been converted to hotels. Neemrana, now on Delhi-Jaipur highway, is one such 15th century fort-palace. While it is only a 100 kms from Delhi Airport, it is half way to Jaipur and can take 3-4 hours from Delhi depending on where in Delhi you start from.
Staying here can cost upwards of USD $600 per night. They also have outdoor tents in the summer that can cost $150 per night. Alternately, one can do a day trip – drive west from Delhi, enjoy a buffet lunch at their dining terrace, walk through the palace and drive back. Something we decided to do in lieu of a longer trip to Agra.
Although the drive is via a four lane tollway, the traffic will be congested until one can escape the confines of the ever expanding NCR (National Capital Region) area – almost all the way to Dharuhera. From the highway you will see large billboards advertising luxurious apartment homes. The truck stops present a collection of desi booze and music shacks. In between the billboards and truck stops you will glimpse the farms growing mustard.
Situated in Alwar district, Neemrana palace is on a hill on top of Neemrana town. Visit to the palace involves a short drive through the dirty town with mounds of garbage and open sewers. Sometimes you will see bold white faces sitting out with the villagers sipping tea and watching life go by.
Day 01: Delhi To Neemrana:
Morning drive to Neemrana. On your arrival at Neemrana you check in at the Neemrana Fort and Palace heritage hotel. You are free to enjoy your evening in the royal ambience and have the option to go sightseeing in the nearby areas. You stay overnight at the Neemrana Fort and Palace heritage hotel.
Day 02: Neemrana To Delhi / Departure:
Next morning you have the freedom to relax and explore the cultural heritage of the Neemrana Fort and Palace heritage hotel resort. In the evening you drive back to Delhi
Activities At Neemrana Fort:
• Above the fairyland fort of Neemrana lays India's first “zip tour”, a thrilling new aerial adventure.
• Weddings & Celebrations:
• Many elaborate, fairy-tale weddings have been held at different indoor and outdoor of Neemrana .Glowing majestically; Neemrana also hosts anniversaries, and birthdays. Its amphitheatre can seat over 200 guests comfortably.
• Camel Cart:
• The 11-tiered Fort-Palace, built over six acres, has its own joys, one can also discover the beauty of the place either on foot or by camel cart, riding to the nearby villages.
• Pool & Health Spa:
• Raj Kund, the pool-on-the plateau, stretches above the landscape. Neemrana Ayurvedic spa soothes the nerves and revitalizes the stressed body.
• Cultural Event:
• Culture Regular weekend performances organized by the Neemrana Music Foundation enrich the theatre of your life. Besides India’s leading dancers & musicians, foreign artistes have also performed for guests & delegates.